Nominations & Applications
The Rewards Of Nominating Leaders
Each year, a Krista Colleague cohort is selected through nominations from community, church, civic leaders, educators, and organizers. Qualifying nominees are invited to apply and finalists selected for interview. The Krista Colleague program employs the learnings of service to develop global citizenship. The Foundation community journeys alongside Colleagues before, during, and after formal service, empowering them to transform service experiences into lives of service leadership.
A Krista Colleague joins our ecumenical Christian mentoring community and receives a $1000 Service and Leadership Development Grant. The Grant must be used while on assignment or shortly thereafter to explore the intersection of vocational interests, service and leadership. The Foundation pays for four years of annual conferences plus the debriefing retreat. Each Krista Colleague commits to participating as a mentor for future Krista Colleagues through involvement at retreats and conferences. Our mentoring community model is explained in greater detail under "Colleague Program."
Nomination Criteria For New Leaders
1) Nominated: All potential colleagues must be nominated by a university, civic or church leader. All eligible nominees will then be invited to apply.
2) Part of a service organization: Nominee must be accepted or in the process of applying to a service organization (i.e. VISTA, World Concern, Mennonite Central Committee, Peace Corps, Jesuit Volunteer Corps, Doctors Without Borders, etc.). Teach for America does not qualify.
3) Volunteer service: Nominee must be pursuing volunteer or vocational service in one of three areas of focus: urban U.S.A., developing nations, or environmental stewardship.
4) Term Commitment: Nominee must commit to a meaningful term of service, at least 9 months on a full-time or near-full-time assignment.
5) Service as a Faith Expression: Nominee must be motivated for service as an expression of their Christian faith and values.
6) Location/origin: Nominee must be originally from or a current resident of Washington, Oregon, or California.
7) Age: The future colleague must be between the ages of 20-29.
Have a question or want clarification? See our FAQ section and/or feel free to contact us.
Don't fit our criteria? We're bummed if you don't fit our criteria. Check out our Get Involved page to find other ways we can keep connected.
Nominators: Take the first step by completing the form below. Or click here to Learn more about how the Krista Foundation supports our colleagues and extended community!
| || |